Individuals selected as Fellows will join the Rice University Academy of Fellows, a community of scholars that includes senior members of the Rice faculty. Additionally, the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship offers:
- a postdoctoral position
- a mentored relationship with a discipline-related faculty member;
- collaborative relationships with an academy of distinguished faculty fellows who have extraordinarily diverse interests and expertise relevant to scholarship on health, inequality, and data science;
- regular opportunities for intellectual exploration with the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellow community;
- programmatic activities to promote professional development, including a focused plan to pursue the K99 award and other relevant early career awards;
- substantial campus-wide resources in expertise and instrumentation;
- a $60,000 salary with benefits.
The standard stipend for a Rice Academy Junior Fellow is $60,000. National standard stipends in a few research areas are above that level, and those departments may augment the stipend. Academy Junior Fellows will also be provided with a one-time $5,000 research fund and access to university resources.