Check out upcoming Professional Development Workshops in February!
- February 2 What employers look for in job candidates
Join the Beyond Grad School team to learn how to stand out in a crowded job market and translate your experience into terms that employers find compelling. Specially designed for master’s students.
- February 1 On-campus academic job interviews
Join the Beyond the Professoriate team to learn how best to approach an on-campus interview and how to effectively pitch yourself as the candidate for the role.
- February 2 Imposter syndrome and resiliency (in-person)
This workshop will unmask evidence-based approaches and tools that you can implement immediately to help overcome the unique challenges you face as a graduate student. Lunch provided.
- February 8 and 15 Decode a troublesome concept or skill for your learners
This two-part workshop from CIRTL is for anyone who needs to explain a concept or skill to students in any instructional role. The main deliverable of the workshop is to develop an analogy for a particular concept or skill.
- February 9 The proactive public intellectual
This session will feature panelists in academia who regularly present their work publicly and to audiences outside their disciplines. It will help you identify your values and goals for building a public presence.
- February 15 Energizing the classroom
Learn tangible strategies to increase student engagement through student-centered strategies that promote inclusion and participation.
- February 15 How to market your Ph.D.
Join the Beyond the Professoriate team to learn how to identify your most marketable skills, and communicate those skills to employers in industry.
- February 23 The responsive public intellectual
This session will help you identify important strategies and support for dealing effectively with media inquiries and responding to potential backlash in instances where media coverage or social media unleashes negative reactions.