GPSG COVID Emergency Relief Fund (CERF)
The Graduate and Professional Student Government is pleased to announce that the COVID Relief Emergency Fund will be accepting applications during the following cycles (all times are in Eastern Time):
Cycle 1: opens 9/27 at 9am, closes 10/11 at 11:59pm
Cycle 2: opens 10/25 at 9am, closes 11/8 at 11:59pm
Cycle 3: opens 11/22 at 9am, closes 12/06** at 11:59pm
- Receipt of purchase (or transaction in a bank statement) for any academic need
- e.g. webcam, mic, laptop as a necessity to the move to online teaching and learning; books you would have otherwise borrowed from the library
- Medical bills for COVID-related care/treatment for self or immediate family
- Lost professional opportunities
- e.g. rescinded internship, fellowship or other research funding, practicum, job shadow, etc.
- Other lost income
- e.g. paystub, layoff letter, unemployment check, etc.
- Research delays or redesigns
- evidence could look like the itinerary for an archival research trip that never materialized, the original prospectus/proposal
- Delayed graduation/time-to-degree extension
- e.g. the graduate school form requesting an extension, ConnectCarolina screenshot, email trail, etc.
- Childcare expenses because schools are closed
- If any of the above (or other situations not listed) meant that you struggled to pay rent or a mortgage, a rental agreement or mortgage bill (etc.) is evidence
Please direct questions about the Fund to GPSG CERF Committee Chair, Berkley Wood (email@example.com).