Food and Dining
Dining on campus is easy. While most graduate students don’t buy a meal plan, you can. Franklin street and neighboring Carrboro are full of restaurants offering a variety foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Frank Porter Graham Student Union
- The Beach Cafe by the Health Science Library
- The Lenoir and Rams Head Dining Halls
- The TarHeal Cafe
- The Hospital Cafeteria
- Sal a Delia (Marsico Hall)
- Alpine Bagel (Thurston Bowles Building)
- Friend’s Cafe (Health Science Library)
- Food Trucks (Genetics Medicine Building)
- And more.
FreedomPay on Hospital Campus: Allows for 20% discount from a preloaded card.
Chapel Hill and The Triangle are a hotspot. Find Yelp’s favorite places. Bon Apetit voted Durham America’s best foodie town in 2008.
Want to cook?
Chapel Hill is home to Co-Op markets, Harris Teeter and Food Lion, Trader Joe’s, and a number of ethnic markets.