The Senior Prevention Strategy Officer search committee announces that the four finalists for the position have accepted our invitation to visit campus virtually for public interviews. We invite you to attend the upcoming open forums via Zoom with the finalists. These forums are designed to give the campus community an opportunity to hear from the finalists about their experience in the areas of violence prevention and student wellness, and an opportunity for you to provide feedback.
Please submit your questions for the candidates via email to the search committee chair, Katie Nolan, Executive Director of Strategy, Policy, and Special Projects for the Division of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Compliance, at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The candidates were asked to present on the following topic: “Building on what you’ve learned about our campus so far, please share a presentation of up to 25 minutes that describes the strategies you would use to prevent interpersonal violence at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Please include how you would engage stakeholders, synergize your efforts with other domains of wellness and anti-oppression work, and make data-driven and evidence-informed decisions.”
Candidate 1 – Open Forum Feb. 23, 9 – 9:50 a.m. via Zoom. Name, CV, and feedback form will be posted Feb. 22.
Webinar ID: 933 7021 6903
Candidate 2 – Open Forum March 2, 9 – 9:50 a.m. via Zoom. Name, CV, and feedback form will be posted March 1.
Webinar ID: 981 4998 1343
Candidate 3 – Open Forum March 5, 9 – 9:50 a.m. via Zoom. Name, CV, and feedback form will be posted March 4.
Webinar ID: 952 8675 9949
Candidate 4 – Open Forum March 8, 9 – 9:50 a.m. via Zoom. Name, CV, and feedback form will be posted March 5.
Webinar ID: 986 7462 0059
Please bookmark this web page and return on these dates for more details: https://studentaffairs.unc.edu/spso-search.
Search Committee Members:
- Katie Nolan (Chair), Chief of Staff and Executive Director of Strategy, Policy, and Special Projects, Human Resources & Equal Opportunity and Compliance
- Charla Blumell, Assistant Director, Student Wellness
- Salena Braye, Undergraduate student, Class of 2023; member of UNC Gender-Based Violence Prevention Advisory Group
- L.B. Klein, PhD Candidate, Injury & Violence Prevention Fellow, & Adjunct Faculty for School of Social Work; Chair, UNC Gender-Based Violence Prevention Advisory Group
- Holly Lovern, Gender Violence Services Coordinator, Carolina Women’s Center
- Beth Moracco, Research Associate Professor and MPH Program Director, Gillings School of Public Health
- Kim Strom, Distinguished Professor of Ethics and Professional Practice, School of Social Work; Director of Ethics Education and Policy Management; member of Campus Safety Commission
- Neel Swamy, PharmD/MPH Candidate, Class of 2023; Director of Student Affairs for the Graduate and Professional Student Federation